On March 19th, following a commitment made on July 16th, 2014, Minister of Labour, Kevin Flynn announced that minimum wage will be increasing by .25 cents. Help us spread the word about this great news on Twitter.
- Increasing the minimum wage in a fair and predictable way is part of our economic plan for Ontario.
- This increase will be the ninth minimum wage increase since 2003.
- This change will affect the half a million people in Ontario currently earning minimum wage.
- We are taking this decision out of the political arena by guaranteeing that minimum wage will rise in line with cost of living increases.
- A fair and predictable minimum wage balances the needs of vulnerable workers with those of business.