Second Conservative Candidate Named in 407 Data Breach

Ford must fire Brampton Centre candidate, as promised, and explain why he told reporters the scandal was limited to one riding


Wednesday, May 23, 2018


TORONTO – The Conservative operative at the centre of the 407 stolen data scandal, Snover Dhillon, today named a second Conservative candidate who directly benefited from the data breach.  
 
In an interview with the Post Millennial
, Dhillon named his former client, Brampton Centre candidate Harjit Jaswal, as the second in a long list of candidates who allegedly received 407 ETR data.
 
Harjit Jaswal was nominated one month after Doug Ford became Leader of the Conservative Party. In fact, on April 22nd, Doug Ford issued a statement that said: 

“I congratulate Harjit Jaswal on his nomination as the Ontario PC candidate for Brampton Centre. Harjit is a great addition to our Ontario PC team.”
 
Earlier this week when asked if he would remove any other candidates allegedly involved in the 407 data breach, Ford said:
 
“Let me be very clear. Absolutely not. When we found out from the candidate from Brampton East, we acted immediately, and he was gone. And if I find out anyone else has any information, it’s done. They're gone.” (Doug Ford, May 20, 2018)
 
Earlier this morning, Ford assured reporters this scandal was limited to one candidate in one riding.
 
Reporter: “You had the weekend to look into these allegations surely you've asked questions of your campaign. What have you found out?

Ford: “The only thing I know is the one from Brampton East, this candidate”
 
It’s time Ford comes clean and provide honest answers in this growing scandal.

 

For more information:
communications@ontarioliberal.ca