Giving our Children a World-Class Education
Wednesday, May 28, 2014
Premier Kathleen Wynne joined Liberal candidate for Oak Ridges-Markham Helena Jaczek at St. Julia Billiart Catholic Elementary School today to announce the Liberal Plan to make Ontario’s world-class education system even better.
The Liberal Plan will build on significant progress made in education over the past 10 years by the Liberal government with the following new initiatives:
- Introducing a three-year, $150 million Technology and Learning Fund that will help purchase tablets, software, cameras and other learning resources, while providing increased professional development for teachers.
- Partnering with school boards, non-profit and community partners to provide students with 60 minutes of physical activity connected to the school day. This goal would be achieved through intramural sports, before- and after-school programs and other activities.
- Improving math scores by implementing our Math Action Plan that includes providing better help for struggling students, reviewing the current math curriculum and encouraging more teachers to specialize in teaching math.
- Expanding the Student Nutrition Program for an additional 56,000 children at 340 more schools, so that they are fully prepared to learn at the start of the school day.
- Completing the implementation of Full-Day Kindergarten that is giving our youngest learners the best possible start to life, while saving families up to $6,500 a year in child care costs.
Read more here.