Improving the everyday lives of the people of Ontario
Keeping Ontario the Best Place to Live, Work and Raise a Family
Ontario Liberals have a solid track record of helping you and your family
- Full-day kindergarten gives kids the best start in school and saves parents up to $6,500 per child in child care costs
- 107,400 more child care spaces since 2003 and increased to more than $1 billion – a 90% increase and covered the shortfall caused by federal government cuts.
- Children’s Activity Tax Credit helps parents with the cost of organized activities — up to $54.10 per child per year and up to $108.20 for a child with a disability.
- The Ontario 30% Off Tuition grant saves students $1,730 on tuition in post-secondary degree programs and $790 for students in diploma or certificate programs.
- Twenty-one free vaccines (up from 8 in 2003), saving families an average of $2,500 per child.
- Delivered about 765,000 flu shots this season through pharmacists as of February 25, 2014.
- Protection for consumers and making services like wireless service contracts more affordable
- Cutting auto insurance rates by 15% by August 2015
- Increased minimum wage to $11/hour and indexing future increases to inflation
- Eliminating the Employer Health Tax it for nearly 90% of small businesses
- Increasing recruitment and pay for Personal Support Workers who are essential in helping seniors and people with complex care needs.
- Expanding access to home care for 76,000 additional seniors over the past two years.
- Healthy Homes Renovation Tax Credit – up to $1,500 to help seniors stay in their homes longer.
- Senior Homeowners’ Property Tax Grant – up to $500 a year to help low- to moderate-income senior homeowners with the cost of property taxes.
- Eliminating the Debt Retirement Charge off residential electricity bills, saving the typical homeowner $5.60 per month